World’s second-largest statue (Statue of Equality) will going to be unveiled in Hyderabad
- The 216-foot-tall statue of 11th-century social reformer and saint, Ramanujacharya will be in a sitting position.
- The world's second tallest statue in a sitting position is built of 'panchaloha,' which is a five-metal alloy consisting of gold, copper, silver, brass, and zinc.
- Sri Ramanujacharya's inner sanctorum deity is made of 120 kg of gold. This marks the saint's 120 years on earth.
About Sri Ramanujacharya:
- In Tamil Nadu, he was born in 1017 CE.
- In the Sri Vaishnavism ideology, he is the most revered Acharya.
- He was also known as Ilaya Perumal, which means ""the bright one.""
- The Bhakti movement was influenced by his conceptual underpinnings for devotionalism.
- He is well known as the founder of the Vishishtadvaita Vedanta.
- In Sanskrit, he composed famous books such as bhasya on the Brahma Sutras and the Bhagavad Gita
- It is a non-dualistic Vedanta philosophical school. It is non-dualism of the qualified whole, in which Brahman is the only thing that exists, but which is marked by plurality.
- Qualified monism, qualified nondualism, or attributive monism are all terms that might be used to define it.
- It is a Vedanta philosophical school that claims that all diversity is subsumed by an underlying oneness.