Uttar Pradesh crowned 11th Hockey India junior national championship winners
- Uttar Pradesh were crowned the winners of the 11th Junior National Men’s Championship following a 3-1 victory over Chandigarh in the final at Kovilpatti, Tamil Nadu.
- Tournament top-scorer Sharda Nand Tiwari opened the scoring for Uttar Pradesh in the 15th minute with a trademark penalty corner, before Arun Sahani in 16th and 34th minutes, stretched the lead further with a brace.
- Raman pulled one goal back for Chandigarh in the 51st minute, but Uttar Pradesh held on to the lead to be crowned champions of the tournament.
- In the 3rd/4th place playoff match, Odisha edged out Haryana 3-2 in a closely contested affair to clinch third place in the competition.
- Odisha took the lead in the match through Deepak Minz in 27 minutes, only to be pegged back by two goals from Rohit in 34 minute and Deepak in 36 minutes, who put Haryana in the lead in the third quarter.
- Odisha answered back with a brace of their own at the start of the fourth quarter, scored by Sushant Toppo in 47 minute and Sudeep Chirmako in 49 minute.