Ukraine-Russia conflict altering World governance
- Geopolitical experts in West believe that Russia-Ukraine conflict alone would determine not only war and peace but also other critical aspects as well.
A China-Russia link
- China and Russia have further cemented their relationship and the situation is moving towards a formal alliance.
- Not all efforts of US including AUKUS, Quad, Partners in the Blue Pacific’ Can stem winds of change sweeping across Pacific and the Indo-Pacific.
India and its neighbourhood
- Relations with China may continue to remain uncertain and unsatisfactory ,
- India needs to determine whether Russia can play a role as a ‘trusted friend’.
- In dealing with China, India might not expect same kind of support it may need from the Quad.
- China is firm on establishing its dominance and sideline India in Asia.
- Democratic upsurge in Sri Lanka presents India with new problems.
Churn in west asia
- As U.S.’s relations with Arab nations in West Asia appear to weaken, Russia and China are beginning to play key roles.
- India is enlarging its contacts and influence in West Asia.
- India-Israel relationship dates back to the 1990s
- India-UAE relationship has blossomed in the past couple of years.
- India-Iran relations have reached a stalemate of late.
- India has inveigled into joining a U.S.-based group, I2U2, comprising India, Israel the UAE and the U.S.
- Concerns are benign expressed by U.S. academics of an existing gap between India and China in terms of India’s nuclear deterrent capability.