TRIFED initiative for carrying out research around tribal development
- TRIFED has been carrying out several programmes and initiatives to improve the livelihoods of the tribals and work towards their empowerment.
- In a bid to expand its activities and help more tribals, TRIFED has signed an MoU with RambhauMhalgiPrabodhini- Nation First Policy Research Centre (RMP-NFPRC) on December 29, 2021 for a collaborative effort in leveraging knowledge, expertise and institutional strengths.
Activities under MoU
- Development and execution of research projects around tribal development and related activities.
- Engage in assessing and reviewing the existing and upcoming government schemes like Van Dhan Yojana.
- Publish research findings in the form of joint reports, or any other publication(s).
- Promote and disseminate research, conduct sessions, and meetings with experts on the topic.
- Jointly hosting conferences, seminars and other such activities pertaining to the research.
- The exchange of information, provide access to personnel(s) and data relevant to the research in hand.
- To forge collaborations with other like-minded entities outside this agreement, if found mutually desirable.
- Allowing the access of information from regional offices, state implementing agencies and other entities relevant to the scope of the project.
Tribal Co-operative Marketing Development Federation of India
- TRIFED is a national level cooperative body under the administrative control of Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India.
- It was established under the Multi-state co-operative societies act 1984 under the former Ministry of Welfare.
- Later it came under the control of Ministry of Tribal affairs.
- As a market developer and service provider, the objective of TRIFED is socio-economic development of tribal people in the country by way of marketing development of the tribal products on which the lives of tribals depends heavily as they spend most of their time and derive a major portion of their income.