Tele-consultation facility 'e-Sanjeevani' started at 1 lakh Ayushman Bharat-Health and Wellness Centres (AB-HWCs)
- On the occasion of the 4th anniversary of Ayushman Bharat Health and Wellness Centres, 'e-Sanjeevani Tele-consultation' facility was launched at 1 lakh Health and Wellness Centres
- This service was established with the goal of assisting people living in distant areas around the country in receiving medical advice from a variety of health specialists.
- It is a government initiative that provides online OPD doctor consultations to inhabitants of the country.
- It is being implemented under the Ayushman Bharat Health and Wellness Centre (AB-HWCs) programme.
- This scheme was introduced in November 2019 and is managed by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- It was created with the goal of delivering healthcare services to patients in their homes.
- It is also known as the National Teleconsultation Service.
- It is being developed by the Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) Mohali
Prelims Take away
- Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC)
- Ayushman Bharat Health and Wellness Centre (AB-HWCs) programme