Strengthening of Pharmaceutical Industry (SPI) Scheme
- The Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers releases guidelines for the scheme “Strengthening of Pharmaceutical Industry (SPI)"".
Objectives of the Scheme
- To strengthen the existing infrastructure facilities in order to make India a global leader in the Pharma Sector.
- The scheme will extend support required to existing pharma clusters and MSMEs across the country to improve their productivity, quality and sustainability.
- The scheme will contribute to establish India a global leader in the Pharma Sector by providing financial assistance to Pharma clusters for creation of Common Facilities.
- Improve the quality & also ensure the sustainable growth of clusters.
- Financial assistance to pharma clusters will be provided for the creation of Common Facilities.
- Interest subvention or capital subsidy on their capital loans will be provided to upgrade the production facilities of SMEs and MSMEs to meet national and international regulatory standards.
3 Sub-schemes under the Scheme
Assistance to Pharmaceutical Industry for Common Facilities (APICF):
- To strengthen the existing pharmaceutical clusters’ capacity for their sustained growth by creating common facilities.
- An outlay of 178 Cr for the scheme period of five years is proposed to-
- Support for clusters for creation of common facilities with the focus on R&D Labs,
- Testing Laboratories,
- Effluent Treatment Plants,
- Logistic Centers and
- Training Centers
Pharmaceutical Technology Upgradation Assistance Scheme (PTUAS):
- To facilitate Micro, Small and Medium Pharma Enterprises (MSMEs) with a proven track record to meet national and international regulatory standards.
- Support for SME Industries either through upto maximum of 5% per annum (6% in case of units owned and managed by SC/STs) of interest subvention or through Credit linked Capital subsidy of 10%.
- The loan supported under this is to a limit of 10 Crores and the eligible components are listed out in the scheme guidelines.
- An outlay of 300 Cr has been earmarked for the sub scheme for the scheme period of five years.
Pharmaceutical & Medical Devices Promotion and Development Scheme (PMPDS):
- To facilitate growth and development of Pharmaceutical and Medical Devices Sectors through study/survey reports, awareness programs, creation of databases, and promotion of industry.
- Knowledge and awareness about the Pharmaceutical and MedTech Industry will be promoted.
- An outlay of 21.5 Cr has been earmarked for the sub scheme for the scheme period of five years.
- It is expected that the units supported under this scheme will act as Demonstration Firms for the pharma clusters and MSE Pharma Industries, to develop on quality and technology upgradation fronts.