Sea Dragon 22 exercise
- A multi-lateral anti-submarine warfare exercise in the Pacific Ocean.
- The exercise began on January 5 along with the navies of India, Australia, Canada, Japan and South Korea.
- India, Japan, Australia and America are also part of the Quad, and also participate in the Malabar exercise.
About the exercise:
- Sea Dragon is a US-led multi-national exercise designed to practice and discuss Anti-submarine warfare tactics to operate together in response to traditional and non-traditional maritime security challenges in the Indo-Pacific region.
- It is an annual exercise.
- It is significant in terms of strained relations that some countries have with China and the growing forays of the PLA-Navy into the Indian ocean region.
- The Indian Navy has recently inducted two more Poseidon 8I maritime reconnaissance and anti-submarine warfare aircraft, which would further boost its ability to keep an eye over the Chinese ships and submarines in the region.
Indian Army Joint Exercises
- Hand-in-Hand. – India and China
- Exercise Shakti - India and France armies
- Exercise Nomadic Elephant-India and Mongolian
- Exercise Yuddh Abhyas- Indian and United States Armies since 2005.
- Surya Kiran - India and Nepal
- LAMITYE- India and Seychelles
- Prabal Dostyk – India and Kazhakhstan
- Al-Nagah- Indian and Oman
- Ajeya Warrior - India and UK
- SAMPRITI- India-Bangladesh
- AUSTRA HIND- Australia and India
- Khanjar- India and Kyrgyzstan
- Mitra Shakti-India & Sri Lanka
- Maitree Exercise - India & Thailand
- Vajra Prahar-India & US
- Yudh Abhyas -India & US
- Garuda Shakti- India & Indonesia
- Shakti Exercise - India & France
- Dharma Guardian - India & Japan
- Ex Ekuverin- India and Maldives
- VINBAX-2018 – India and Vietnam
- Ex HARIMAU SHAKTI- India and Malaysia
- Ex Vajra Prahar- India and US
- IMBEX-2017- India-Myanmar
- BOLD KURUKSHETRA- India- Singapore
Indian Air Force Joint Exercises
- “Indradhanush” or “Rainbow” - India-UK air exercises
- Garuda- India-France Air Exercise
- Avia Indra - India-Russia maiden aerial exercise.
- Exercise Red Flag - India and the U.S.
- Siam Bharat - Indian Air Force and Royal Thailand Air Force
- Desert Eagle - India and UAE
- Eastern Bridge - India-Oman bilateral air exercise
Indian Navy Joint Exercises
- Varuna - France and India.
- SLINEX- Sri Lanka and India
- INDRA - bi-annual military exercise conducted by India and Russia
- Exercise Malabar - United States, Japan and India.
- Simbex - India and Singapore
- IBSAMAR – India, Brazil and South Africa
- KONKAN - Indian Navy and Royal Navy of Britain
- AUSINDEX-Indian and Australian Navy Bilateral Maritime Exercise
- Sahyog-Kaijin -Joint exercise of Coast Guards of India and Japan
- Naseem Al Bahr - India and Oman
- IMCOR- India- Myanmar
- Sahyog HOP TAC- India-Vietnam
- INDO CORPAT – India and Indonesia
- RIMPAC - 26 countries
- COBRA-GOLD of Asia – Pacific nations
- Samvedna - South Asian Region Nations
- MILEX-18- Between BIMSTEC countries
- GANDIV VIJAY
- VIJAY PRAHAR
- PASCHIM LEHAR-18
- Vayu Shakti 2019