Ramnath Goenka Award
- Sumant Banerji of Business Today is the print media winner in the Business and Economic Journalism category while.
- Ayushi Jindal of India Today TV is the winner in broadcast media.
About Ramnath Goenka Award
- As part of centenary year celebrations of its founder, Ramnath Goenka, Indian Express Group instituted the Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Awards.
- The Awards aim to celebrate excellence in journalism, recognize courage and commitment and showcase outstanding contributions and individuals every year.
- The most prestigious annual event in the Indian media calendar, pays tribute to journalists from Print/Digital & Broadcast who maintain the highest standards of their profession despite being in the face of political and economic pressures, who still manage to produce work that generates and sustains public trust in the media and impact the lives of people.
- Regional languages.
- Environment, Science And Technology Reporting.
- Uncovering India Invisible.
- Business And Economic Journalism.
- Reporting On Politics And Government.
- Sports journalism.
- Investigative Reporting.
- Reporting On Arts, Culture And Entertainment.
- Photo journalism.
- The criteria for awards in Print/Digital & Broadcast journalism are significance of a news story, resourcefulness & courage in gathering information, & skill in relating the story.
- Degree of difficulty/logistical challenges experienced
- Comprehensiveness of the report
- Resources available and means used for gathering information.
- Journalists working for any Indian newspapers/magazines/online/TV channels (published/telecast in the country)
- Indian language papers should send in their stories along with translations in English.
- All foreign correspondents can also apply. If the story is in a language other than English the translations should be sent along with the stories.