Railway Minister announces introduction of ‘Bharat Gaurav Trains’
- Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw, Minister of Railways, announced today the introduction of theme-based tourist circuit trains named Bharat Gaurav Trains.
- The trains will help to showcase India’s rich cultural heritage and magnificent historical places to the people of India and the world.
- Under the initiative, Service Provider will be able to offer all inclusive package to tourists
Scope of service
- Service Providers would be free to decide themes like Guru Kripa trains for covering important places of Sikh culture, Ramayana trains for places connected with Lord Shri Ram etc.
- Service Provider will offer all inclusive packages to tourists including rail travel, hotel accommodation, sightseeing arrangement, visit to historical/heritage sites, tour guides etc.
- Full flexibility to decide package cost based on level of services being offered.
- Choice of coaches suiting the clientele,different segments like luxury, budget etc.
- Freedom to design/furnish interior of the coaches based on the theme.
- Branding and advertisement permitted both inside and outside of the train.
- Train composition will be of 14 to 20 coaches including 2 Guard Vans.
Process of registration
- Easy one step transparent online registration process with registration fee of Rs 1 (One) Lakh only.
- Allotment of coaches to all eligible applicants subject to availability.
- Individual, Partnership Firm, Company, Society, trust, JV/Consortium (Unincorporated/Incorporated) are eligible to register.
- Right to Use charges and Haulage charges notified in the policy for Service Provider to work out his business model.
- Right to Use Period: 2-10 years.