Radicalisation among Indians is miniscule: MHA
- MHA said that global terrorist groups and foreign agencies are trying to radicalise people, but inclination of Indians towards radical ideologies is miniscule.
Government’s Efforts to prevent Radicalisation
- Promotion of composite culture
- Coexistence among various communities
- Constitutional safeguards to minorities.
- Ensure universal coverage of various welfare schemes without discrimination
- Ensure fair representation of minorities and other less-represented communities in all spheres of life.
- Exclusive Ministry - Minority Affairs, for overall policy, coordination, evaluation and review of development programmes for minority communities.
- Counter Terrorism and Counter Radicalisation Division to help and coordinate with various security and law enforcement agencies.
- Proscribed no. of organisations as terrorist organisation/unlawful association under Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967
Prelims Take Away
- Minority as per Constitution
- Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967