- World’s First Multimodal Brain Imaging Data and Analytics, Developed at DBT-National Brain Research Centre, Haryana.
- It is developed by Department of Biotechnology -National Brain Research Centre (DBT-NBRC)
- It is a unique brain initiative focusing on certified neuroimaging, neurochemical, neuropsychological data and analytics that are made accessible to researchers for managing brain disorders.
- It is the first large-scale multimodal neuroimaging database designed specifically for the Indian population with big-data architecture and analytics for various disease categories under one platform.
- It will be used to strengthen Alzheimer’s disease (AD) research and help the scientific community
- It will have a big-data architecture that will manage and analyze six modules, namely neurodegenerative AD, mild cognitive impairment (MCI), and Parkinson’s disease (PD), neuropsychiatric (schizophrenia and bipolar disorder), neurodevelopmental (autism and epilepsy), COVID-19-related disorders, other disorders, and healthy subjects.
- It is supported by JAVA-based workflow environments and Python and backed by a dedicated storage system which provides quality control, data analysis reports, and data backups.
Clinical tools developed under SWADESH:
- GAURI system: It uses adaptive pattern recognition and learning schemes for predictive single or differential diagnosis, designed with MRI modalities and neuropsychological batteries.
- NINS-STAT: It is a high-performance state-of-the-art automated statistical test selection and execution software package with high applicability in clinical research.
- KALPANA: It is an integrative package for visualization, preprocessing, and quantitation of MRS data.
- PRATEEK: It analyzes multimodal neuroimaging data that minimizes the need for expertise in handling different neuroimaging tools for processing and analyzing multimodal data.
- Stimulus Timing Integrated Module (STIM): It includes a versatile paradigm design system, presentation system, and real-time participant response-collection system for functional MRI-related purposes, mapping brain activity non-invasively in normal healthy conditions and clinical evaluation of various brain disorders.
- BHARAT: It is a big-data analytic model for early diagnostic biomarkers of AD.
Significance of SWADESH:
- It will be useful in conducting multimodal brain studies to understand Alzheimer’s disease and several neurological disorders.
- Its development will facilitate the integration of multi-site data and collaborative research worldwide.
- This is under the Ministry of Science and Technology
- It promotes and improves biotechnology development in India through its development and implementation in agriculture, healthcare, animal sciences, the environment, and industry.
- It is the only institute in India dedicated to Neuroscience Research and Education.
- Scientists and students at NBRC come from diverse academic backgrounds, including biological, computational, mathematical, physical, engineering and medical sciences, and use multidisciplinary approaches to unravel secrets of the brain.