Odisha tourism festival
- Odisha’s tourism festival began on December 15.
- The tourism department is hopeful of witnessing more than 70% footfall this year, compared to pre-covid times.
- The tourism department has planned events to attract tourists from across the state and its neighbors.
- To do so, it has joined hands with Odisha by road campaign and Eco Retreat Odisha.
Odisha Tourism Festival’21
- The festival aims to boost domestic tourism and help in reviving the tourism sector post covid.
- It also aims to attract tourists and private sector investment.
- The Odisha by Road campaign aims to revive the domestic tourist movement between the neighboring states.
- It promotes road trips and tourism products of Odisha.
Eco Retreat Odisha
- Eco Retreat Odisha hosts a glamping festival, a festival meant to explore the hidden beauty of Odisha for its tourists.
- This year, Eco Retreat features Konark, Satkosia, Bhitarkanika, Daringbadi, Hirakud, Pati-Sonapur and Koraput.
Best Tourism State
- Recently, Odisha was adjourned as the best State for most outstanding domestic destinations.
- Further, Odisha’s Mayurbhanj was voted the ‘Best Offbeat Destination’ at India’s Best Awards 2021 by Travel+Leisure India.
- This aligns with the Government of India promoting rural and domestic tourism in the country to boost the rural economy and explore the prospects of tourism in rural areas.
- ‘Ganjam Darshan’ bus has been initiated by the State to connect tourists and better tourism in the State.