NEAT 3.0 And AICTE Prescribed Technical Books launched
- Union Minister of Education launched NEAT 3.0 on 3 January, which is a one-stop solution to provide the best-developed ed-tech solutions and courses to students of India.
- During the occasion, the Minister also launched AICTE prescribed technical books in various regional languages.
- The Ministry of Education had announced National Educational Alliance for Technology (NEAT) as a Public-Private partnership model between the Government (through its implementing agency AICTE) and the Education Technology companies across India.
NEAT 3.0: Onboard Global ed-tech companies & Indian start-ups
- NEAT creates a channel for global ed-tech companies and Indian start-ups to build on the digital education bedrock of India.
- It bridges the gap between ed-tech companies, academic institutions and students with its B2B (Business to Business) and B2C (Business to Consumer) model.
- In this process, the AICTE and ed-tech companies work towards creating and offering e-resources at the least possible cost.
- Currently, more than 12 lakh socially and economically disadvantaged students have received the benefits of free ed-tech course coupons worth over ₹253 crores under NEAT 3.0.
- Currently, NEAT has 58 Education Technology Companies with 100 products that help to develop employable skills, capacity building, and bridge learning gaps.
Breaking the Barrier: Study in your regional language
- On technical books in regional languages, the Education Minister said that our diverse languages are our strength and harnessing them is key to building an innovative society.
- With AICTE’s prescribed technical books in regional languages, India will be able to further develop its critical thinking capacity & enable youth to become global citizens.