Maharashtra has maximum number of beneficiaries to be assisted under ABRY
- Maharastra followed by Gujarat and Karnataka tops the list of states with maximum number of beneficiaries under ABRY.The State-wise number of applications received from companies under the Atmanirbhar Bharat Rojgar Yojana (ABRY).
- Nagaland and Andhra Pradesh ends the lists with just 43 and 59 beneficiaries.
- The measures taken by Government for the quick disbursal of PF amount to workers are as follows:
- Auto settlement of Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) claims was introduced by Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) in January, 2020.
- Multi-location claim settlement facility was introduced in EPFO to provide the uninterrupted services to the EPF members at the time of any disaster like pandemic, floods, earthquake, etc when it may not be possible to process claims in such Disaster Affected office(s).
- This arrangement has helped in delivery of uninterrupted services to the EPF members and also helped in disaster proofing of the offices of EPFO.
About the Atmanirbhar Bharat Rojgar Yojana (ABRY):
- Under this, Government of India will provide subsidy for two years in respect of new employees engaged on or after 1st October, 2020 and up to 30th June, 2021.
- Government will pay both 12% employees’ contribution and 12% employers’ contribution i.e. 24% of wages towards EPF in respect of new employees in establishments employing upto 1000 employees for two years.
- Government will pay only employees’ share of EPF contribution i.e. 12% of wages in respect of new employees in establishments employing more than 1000 employee for two years.
- An employee drawing monthly wage of less than Rs. 15000/- who was not working in any establishment registered with the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) before 1st October, 2020 and did not have a Universal Account Number or EPF Member account number prior to 1st October 2020 will be eligible for the benefit.
- Any EPF member possessing Universal Account Number (UAN) drawing monthly wage of less than Rs 15000 who made exit from employment during Covid pandemic from March 1, 2020, to September 30, 2020, and did not join employment in any EPF covered establishment up to September 30 will also be eligible to avail benefit."