“Jharokha” - Compendium of Indian handicraft/handloom, art and culture & promoting Women empowerment "
- A pan-India programme to be organized by the Ministry of Culture and Ministry of Textiles.
- The first event in Bhopal, to celebrate womanhood and the contribution of women in the field of art, craft and culture.
- It is a celebration of the traditional Indian handicrafts, handlooms, and art & culture.
- It is a PAN India celebration which will be held at 16 locations in 13 states and UTs.
Jharokha: A prescription to Woman Empowerment
- The first event celebrates womanhood and the contribution of women in the field of art, craft and culture.
- All the stalls at the event are being set up by the women artisans.
- The event will be inaugurated by women who have been role models in the society featuring renowned artist, Padma Shree awardee and others.
- Their participation in the event will be an inspiration for other women to come forward and showcase their talent in different fields.
Various Events in Jharokha
- The celebrations at Jharokha will include showcasing of handicraft and handloom products from across the country.
- Women artisans, weavers, and artists who have given their significant contribution in promoting and reviving Indian handloom and handicrafts will also be felicitated in the event.
- A literary corner focused on local art, culture and festivals will be set up at each venue along with food stalls celebrating local Indian cuisines.
- Another highlight of Jharokha will be the cultural events. These events will continue for 8 days and will include folk dance and singing performances by local teams and artists.
- A dedicated corner for Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat (EBSB) encompassing the culture and art of Manipur and Nagaland will also be set up at the venue.