India looks set to become world's 6th biggest economy in 2023
- The Centre for Economics and Business Research (CEBR) has predicted that India will regain sixth position from France next year and become the third-largest economy in 2031
- This report says that in the year 2022, Indian economy will exceed French economy whereas it will trump British economy in 2023.
- This report said that world's economic output will exceed 100 trillion dollar for the first time next year and it will take China a little longer than previously thought to overtake the United States as the No.1 economy.
- CEBR predicted China will become the world's top economy in dollar terms in 2030, two years later than forecast in last year's World Economic League Table report.
- This report showed Germany was on track to overtake Japan in terms of economic output in 2033.
- Russia could become a Top 10 economy by 2036 and Indonesia looks on track for ninth place in 2034.
Centre for Economics and Business Research(CEBR)
- This is one of the UK's leading economics consultancies.
- It uses economics and econometrics, surveys, qualitative research, expert interviews, modelling and scenario planning to help their clients understand their environment, forecast changes in it, build robust strategies and persuade others.
- As a recognised independent forecasting house, our top-line predictions for the United Kingdom are published by the Treasury and used in the Bank of England’s quarterly inflation report.
- Industries: Think Tanks
- Headquarters: London"