IEPFA -IGNOU MoU for promoting Investor Education and Financial literacy
- The MoU is aimed to propagate Investor Education, Awareness and Protection among a large group of present and prospective stakeholders by utilizing the tele-lecturing facility of Gyan Darshan Channel.
- The proposed lecture series of 75 episodes will be a live tele-lecturing series on 24×7 Gyan Darshan TV channel.
- Experts for the lecture series would come from renowned professional institutions and senior officials from IEPFA, Ministry of Corporate Affairs and other regulators would also deliver lectures on various investment-related topics.
Investor Education and Protection Fund Authority (IEPFA)
- IEPFA has been established under Section 125 of the Companies Act 2013 for administration of the IEPF fund as per section 125 (3) of Companies Act 2013.
- The main objective of the authority includes to promote Investor Education, Awareness & Protection, refund unclaimed shares, dividends and other amounts transferred to it under sections 124 and 125 of the Companies Act 2013 to the rightful claimants.
- IEPFA works under the administrative control of Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
About Investor Education and Protection Fund (IEPF)
- To protect the interests of investors in securities and to promote the development of, and to regulate the securities market and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto, the central government (GOI) has established a fund to be called Investor Education and Protection Fund [IEPF].
- The provisions of sub Section (5) (6) & (7) of section 125 of the Companies Act, 2013 are effective from 13th of January, 2016 vide MCA Notification issued by Central Government.