Fresh impetus to Jal Jeevan Mission in Rajasthan with new committees
- New water and sanitation committees at various levels are appointed in Rajasthan under Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM).
Function of committees:
- levels- State, district and village.
- Training by state govt.- At village-level.
- The district and village action plans-
- Presented and approved in the Gram Sabhas,
- Role in meeting the water needs of different areas.
- By depicting the history of water availability, rainfall pattern, drought situation, groundwater level, water harvesting, water-borne diseases and the situation of water resources in each village.
Significance of such committees:
- Recommend the implementation of works under the JJM.
- Accelerate the task of providing water connection in every household in the rural areas.
- Ensure public participation in the drinking water schemes.
- role in planning, execution, management and operations and maintenance.
- Social media platforms would be used effectively for promoting the mission’s activities.
- Demand by the state govt.-
- States requested financial support in 90:10 ratio instead of the present 50:50.
About jal jeevan mission:
- Supply of safe and adequate drinking water through tap connections to all households in the rural areas by 2024.
- Target of supplying 55 liters of water per person per day to every household in the villages, where the people have been facing scarcity of water.
- Jal Jeevan Mission