First-ever Startup India Innovation Week
- The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) is organizing the first-ever Startup India Innovation Week from 10th -16th of January 2022.
- The Startup India Innovation Week will commemorate the 75th year of India’s independence ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’ and will showcase the spread and depth of entrepreneurship across the nation.
- The event will bring together the country’s key startups, entrepreneurs, investors, incubators, funding entities, banks, policymakers, etc under one roof.
Startup India Innovation Week
- The startup and innovation festival will bring all the necessary ingredients of a successful startup ecosystem under one umbrella so that the innovators and young entrepreneurs can be benefitted from it and will get a wider perspective of the sector.
- Further, the event will allow exchanging knowledge on nurturing startup ecosystems to:
- Develop entrepreneurial ecosystem capacities
- Mobilize global and domestic capital for startup investments
- Encourage and inspire the youth for innovation and entrepreneurship
- Provide market access opportunities to startups
- Showcase high-quality, high-technology, and frugal innovations from India.
- With the participation of States/UTs and various departments of the Government of India, the Startup India Innovation Week will address key aspects of the startup ecosystem.
India – 3rd largest startup ecosystem
- Since the launch of the Startup India initiative on 16th January 2016, the Indian startup ecosystem has grown to become the 3rd largest in the world.
- The nation has over 60,000 startups across 633 districts from all 28 States and 8 Union Territories.
- There are 30 States and UTs with their own dedicated Startup Policies.
- The year 2021 has been recognized as the ‘year of unicorns,’ with 40+ unicorns added in the year.