First Edition of Kashi Film Festival
- In order to shape and give a new direction to the construction of a film city in Uttar Pradesh, the first-ever edition of the Kashi Film Festival started in Varanasi from 27th December 2021.
- The festival is being organised in collaboration with the state government.
The Ambitious Film City project:
- In a bid to develop the third Film City of the country and the first of the state of Uttar Pradesh, the Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority (YEIDA) has initiated the global tender for the Rs 10,000-crore project, which is geared to come up at Sector 21 of Noida on a public-private partnership in a cumulative three phases.
- Among these three phases, the first phase of the project is expected to be ready by 2024 and the final phase by 2029.
- Apart from Mumbai and Hyderabad, the proposed film city project of Uttar Pradesh along the 165km Yamuna Expressway will create an extensive and expansive hub for filmmaking and production in the state, along with giving a boost to tourism as well.
Ramoji Film City (ETV Network)
- RFC is the world’s largest integrated film studio and India’s only thematic holiday destination with the magic of cinema.
- It is located in Hyderabad, Telangana.
- It is spread over 1666 acres and was set up by Ramoji Group in the year 1996.
Film City, Mumbai
- Film City is a film studio situated in Mumbai covering a vast area of 520 acres.
- It was built in 1977 by the state government to provide facilities and concessions to films.
- It was renamed as Dadasaheb Phalke Chitrangari in 2001.
Noida Film City
- Noida Film City is located in Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
- It is spread over 100 acres of land.
- It was founded in 1988 by Sandeep Marwah, an Indian film producer.
MGR Film City
- It is an integrated film studio located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu which is managed by the government of TamilNadu.
- It was established in 1994 and is spread across 70 acres.