Energy for Sustainable growth”: Budget Webinar on 4th March
- GoI is holding a series of webinars including Energy for Sustainable growth webinar across various key sectors to facilitate efficient and speedy implementation of Union Budget 2022 announcements.
- Webinar on “Energy for Sustainable Growth” to discuss the initiatives of the Government of India in the energy and resources sector.
- The objective is to brainstorm with experts from the public and private sectors, academia and industry.
- To elicit ideas and suggestions for effective implementation of these initiatives.
- Identify strategies on how to move forward towards implementation of various initiatives under different sectors.
Energy for Sustainable growth
- India’s energy transition journey by promoting a low-carbon development strategy is in line with the Panchamrit strategy of COP 26.
- This strategy will enable India to meet its energy requirements in a sustainable manner.
- Various Near Term and Long Term Actions:
- Promotion of EV vehicles and special mobility zones with zero fossil-fuel policy
- Rollout of battery swapping policy and formulation of interoperability standards
- Encouraging the private sector to develop sustainable and innovative business models for ‘Battery or Energy as a Service’.
- Additional allocation of Rs.19,500 crore for Production Linked Incentive for manufacture of high efficiency solar PV modules.
- Addressing important cross-cutting issues relating to circular economy transition such as infrastructure, reverse logistics, technology upgradation and integration with the informal sector.
- Co-firing of 5-7% biomass pellets in thermal power plants.
- Promoting energy efficiency and savings measures in large commercial buildings through the Energy Service Company (ESCO) business model.
- Setting up four pilot projects for coal gasification and conversion of coal into chemicals required for the industry.
- Issuance of sovereign Green Bonds for mobilizing resources for green infrastructure.
- Inclusion of Energy Storage Systems including dense charging infrastructure and grid-scale battery systems in the harmonized list of infrastructure.
- Higher duties for unblended fuel to promote ethanol blending.
Themes For the Webinar
- Developing Energy Storage for RE Expansion.
- Lifestyle for Environment (LIFE): Energy Conservation: ESCO Model, Promoting Electric Mobility: Battery Swapping and Circular Economy.
- Coal Gasification.
- Promoting Biomass as an Alternative Energy Source: Compressed Biogas, Co-firing of pellets and Ethanol blending.
- Agro and Farm Forestry.
- Scaling up of Renewable Energy: Solar Manufacturing and Hydrogen Mission.