Drones to drop balls with 11 lakh seeds
- Major step to turn the Yogula Parvatham hillocks south of Tirupati greener
- A whopping 11 lakh seeds are set to be sown on the hillocks abutting the Rayalacheruvu tank.
Yogula Parvatham Initiative
- The local folklore states that the hillock was home to many saints and sages in the past.
- Eleven lakh seeds mixed in clay are moulded in the shape of balls, to be air-dropped over the hillocks.
- As the shrub jungle is prone to frequent forest fires, killing its inhabitants like small mammals, reptiles and insects.
- The Ekaveera Seva Foundation came up with an idea to plant 31 different varieties of massive trees with a wider canopy.
- This will also ensure a permanent habitat and make the region rich with biodiversity, attracting visiting animals and birds.