Doordarshan and AIR won at UNESCO-ABU Peace Media Awards 2021
- TV show produced by Doordarshan and radio show by All India Radio received multiple awards at the recently held ABU - UNESCO Peace Media Awards-2021 at Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia.
- All India Radio’s programme ‘Living on the edge - The coastal lives’ won an award in the category of ‘Ethical and Sustainable Relationship with Nature’.
- Doordarshan’s programme 'DEAFinitely Leading the Way won an award under ‘Living Well with Super Diversity’ category.
The awards were given by UNESCO in collaboration with Asia Pacific Broadcasting Union under ‘Together for Peace’ initiative.
All India Radio series 'Living on the edge - The coastal lives' explores life for fishing communities living on the edge in Visakhapatnam.
This programme was devised and produced by Monika Gulati, Programme Executive of All India Radio in Delhi.
'DEAFinitely Leading the Way' talks about the inspiring journey of a specially-abled child.
The purpose of the documentary is to motivate specially-abled persons to live their life with dignity.
This documentary was produced and directed by Pradeep Agnihotri, Programme Executive of Doordarshan in Delhi.
All India Radio (AIR)
- Officially known since 1957 as Akashvani (literary meaning ""Voice from the Sky""), is the national public radio broadcaster of India and is a division of Prasar Bharati.
- It is the sister service of Prasar Bharati's Doordarshan, an Indian television broadcaster.
- All India Radio is the largest radio network in the world, and one of the largest broadcasting organisations in the world in terms of the number of languages broadcast and the spectrum of socio-economic and cultural diversity it serves.
- AIR's home service comprises 420 stations located across the country, reaching nearly 92% of the country's area and 99.19% of the total population.
- AIR originates programming in 23 languages and 179 dialects.
- Headquarter: New Delhi
- Motto: Bahujanahitaya Bahujanasukhaya
- Owner: Prasar Bharati
- Launch date: 23 July 1927
Doordarshan (abbreviated as DD)
- It is an Indian public service broadcaster.
- It is one of India's largest broadcasting organisations in studio and transmitter infrastructure.
- Doordarshan, which also broadcasts on digital terrestrial transmitters, provides television, radio, online and mobile service throughout metropolitan and regional India and overseas.
- Headquarter: New Delhi, Delhi
- Motto: Satyam Shivam Sundaram
- Owner: Prasar Bharati
- (CEO): Sandip Sinha
- Launch date: 15 September 1959"