CSC launches CSCPay & a first of its kind teleconsultation Chatbot
- Common Service Centres (CSC) has launched CSCPay & a first of its kind teleconsultation service Chatbot.
- These events were launched during a one day workshop on ‘CSC Empowering Citizens under Digital India’ organised by CSC SPV under the initiative of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav by Ministry of Electronics & IT.
CSCPay & teleconsultation Chatbot
- CSCPay is a pure-play UPI based application developed by CSC e-Governance Services India Limited that intends to provide a safe, secure and convenient solution for cashless transactions across the nation.
- An official release by the MeiTY states that the application will onboard approximately 4 lakh Village Level Entrepreneurs (VLEs) as merchants within the UPI framework.
- Through this application, the Users can Send - Request - Collect payment including the option of Scan & pay.
- The CSCPay will onboard digital merchants who can receive both, in-store and online payments.
CSC Health Services Helpdesk
- CSC SPV has also launched a dedicated helpline on WhatsApp called ‘CSC Health Services Helpdesk’.
- This helpline service provides a digitally inclusive teleconsultation solution for people reaching rural and remotest parts of India.
- CSC’s Health Services Helpline on WhatsApp is a first of its kind teleconsultation chatbot in India.
- The CSC Health Services Helpdesk on WhatsApp will help people seek support from administration, consult with doctors, access a wide range of Covid related resources and get their queries addressed.
- The helpdesk on WhatsApp is free to use and will be available in both Hindi and English.
- CSC Health Services Helpdesk is convenient and user friendly as people just need to simply send ‘Hi’ to the number +917290055552 and select the options to get connected to a doctor.
Digital Inclusion for Rural Population
- CSC further launched two other services during the workshop with the goal of Digital Inclusion of Rural Population of the rural population.
- This includes an MOU between RailTel and CSC to leverage each other's strength for increasing broadband penetration in rural/ semi-urban areas to bridge the digital divide.
- RailTel is one of the largest neutral Telecom Service and ICT solutions providers that has a pan India presence.
- Digital Kiosks established by RailTel at rural/semi-urban Railway stations will be operated by VLEs of CSC for e-enablement of citizens and spreading awareness about RailWire services.
- To ensure Digital and Financial Literacy Training through Mobile Vans, Vodafone India Foundation and Learning Links Foundations are providing 8 mobile vans to CSC Academy that will be deployed in 8 Districts.
Digital & Financial Literacy plan
- The plan is focused upon engagement and outreach to people at remote levels.
- The objective is to create awareness about the scheme among all sections of the population including rural and semi-urban citizens, stakeholders and the general public.
- A total of 4 million people from rural and semi-urban households would be covered through the mobile vans.
- In addition to the above, Dell Technologies is providing 6 mobile vans to CSC Academy which would be deployed in 6 Districts.
- The mobile vans will spread information and impart training on the following 5 key areas of focus:
- Digital literacy
- Financial literacy
- CSC services
- Skills Courses
- Covid-19 Appropriate Behaviour