Charge won't stand if woman wore sexually provocative dresses
- Kerala session court has granted Anticipatory bail to writer and social activist Civic Chandran in a sexual harassment case.
- The court observed that the charge under Section 354(A) (sexual harassment) of the IPC would prima facie not be attracted if the woman was wearing "sexually provocative dresses”.
When will be the Section applicable?
- There must be physical contact and advances involving unwelcome and explicit sexual overtures.
- There must be a demand or request for sexual favors.
- There must be sexually colored remarks.