Bengal’s education, tourism depts win gold at Skoch award
- This year Skoch gold award have been awarded to West Bengal's tourism department for transformational performance during Covid.
- It was instituted in 2003, the Skoch award recognises efforts in digital, financial, social inclusion, governance, inclusive growth, technology and applications and corporate leadership.
- It is a think tank dealing with socio-economic issues with a focus on inclusive growth since 1997.
- It has instituted India’s highest independent civilian honours in the field of governance, finance, technology, economics and social sector.
Who can nominate?
- Central government
- State government
- Local body
- City/District administration
- State Owned Enterprises/Undertakings"