Aviation upturn sees new trends: tourism routes popular
- Steady recovery in India’s commercial aviation sector has lifted traffic to near pre-Covid levels but with clear realignment in capacities and routes.
- Domestic front: Numbers show push for tourism routes and direct connectivity to smaller airports.
- International passenger traffic for Indian carriers surpassed pre-Covid levels.
- Destinations such as Srinagar and Goa saw capacity addition by airlines
- Relatively slower rebound in business travel
- Trunk routes like Delhi-Mumbai, Delhi-Chennai, Mumbai-Bengaluru and Delhi-Hyderabad remain subdued.
Prelims Take Away
- Major Airports of India
- Major trade Routes