Atal Innovation Mission, NITI Aayog releases ‘Innovations For You’ & ‘The Ingenious Tinkerers’
- Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) NITI Aayog released the second edition of – ‘Innovations for You’ and ‘The Ingenious Tinkerers’.
- Both the books are celebrations of the success stories of young innovators of India.
Atal Innovation Mission (AIM)
- Launched by NITI aayog, AIM is the Government of India’s flagship initiative to promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship in the country.
- To develop new programmes and policies for fostering innovation in different sectors of the economy,
- To provide platform and collaboration opportunities for different stakeholders,
- To create awareness and create an umbrella structure to oversee the innovation ecosystem of the country.
Few Major Initiatives:
- Atal Tinkering Labs: Creating a problem-solving mindset across schools in India.
- Atal Incubation Centers: Fostering world-class startups and adding a new dimension to the incubator model.
- Atal New India Challenges: Fostering product innovations and aligning them to the needs of various sectors/ministries.
- Mentor India Campaign: A national mentor network in collaboration with the public sector, corporates and institutions.
- Atal Community Innovation Center: To stimulate community-centric innovation and ideas in the unserved /underserved regions including Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities.
- Atal Research and Innovation for Small Enterprises (ARISE): To stimulate innovation and research in the MSME industry.
- Apart from the above initiatives, it has also launched AIM Prime, AIM iCREST, etc to boost industrial exposure of students and innovators.