Arms procurement proposals worth Rs 28,732 cr cleared
- Defence Ministry approved procurement of military equipment and weapons worth ₹28,000 crore, which included swarm drones, carbines and bulletproof jackets.
- Procurement proposals was cleared by Defence Acquisition Council (DAC).
- Three approved proposals of Indian Army
- Guided Extended Range Rocket Ammunition
- Area Denial Munition Type I
- Infantry Combat Vehicle
- Navy’s proposal approved: upgraded 1250 KW capacity Marine Gas Turbine Generator for power generation application
- It will help to combat the current paradigm of conventional and hybrid warfare.
- It will provide impetus to the small arms manufacturing industry in India and enhance AtmaNirbharta in small arms.
Prelims take away
- Defence Acquisition Council (DAC)