Any country can use Cowin platform for free now
- National Health Authority said that any country interested can avail itself of the CoWIN platform free of cost.
- Selected vendors will be trained on CoWIN technology to customise it for other countries’ requirements.
- Customisation will be limited to changes in field and master data configuration.
About the CoWIN platform
- CoWIN provides digital support for COVID vaccination drive in the country.
- India had signed MoU with Guyana for sharing CoWIN.
- It can help in achieving the vision of Universal Vaccination against COVID-19 and can be repurposed for use in the healthcare sector.
CoWIN Global Conclave
- The central government organised CoWIN Global Conclave
- Objective: Share experiences and expertise on CoWIN platform with the global community.
- CoWIN has become world’s biggest digitally verifiable vaccination certificate generating platform and is highly configurable and adaptable.
- CoWIN platform does not store or share any personal data.
- It has state-of-the-art data security systems to safeguard user data against any possible intrusion.
- Government has limited no. of slot searches per user on portal which prevents bots, browser extensions or hack attempts.
- API’s shared with third parties by CoWIN is through a thorough scrutiny process, ensuring proper security and audit.
Prelims take away
- CoWIN Platform