ABU Robocon 2022
- In what can be seen as due recognition of India’s technological advancements, Doordarshan will be hosting the international finals of Robocon 2022 in August next year.
- Earlier in association with IIT Delhi, Doordarshan organised the Robocon national event in August 2021.
About Robocon Contest
- Robocon, a robotic contest, organized by the Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU), brings together over 20 countries of the Asia Pacific Region to compete and learn newer technologies.
- Since 2002, every year one of the member broadcasters hosts this international event.
- Robocon provides a foundation for young robotics and creates an innovation cycle.
- Keeping the spirit alive, students and teams organized the Robocon virtually this year despite the challenges of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- According to ABU Robocon, the contest aims to create friendship among young people with similar interests who will lead their countries in the 21st century, as well as help advance engineering and broadcasting technologies in the region.
- ABU Robocon 2021 was hosted by China wherein the international Robocon contest was held on December 12, 2021.
- Teams from Nirma University and Gujarat Technological University (GTU), Ahmedabad, who were the India finalists, participated in the international contest from India.
Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU)
- ABU, formed in 1964, is a non-profit, professional association of broadcasting organisations.
- It currently has over 280 members in 57 countries and regions, reaching a potential audience of about 3 billion people.
- The ABU's role is to help the development of broadcasting in the Asia-Pacific region and to promote the collective interests of its members.